1) IMPORTANT! READ THIS!
The basic rules of this board have not changed. Absolutely NO double posts (posting the same or nearly the same message in more than one place on the board), NO flaming or otherwise talking bad to or about another person, NO swearing, NO politics and NO religious discussions are allowed on the board. Period. On the Blueboard, people "Play nice" or they go elsewhere to play.
2) If you are a current member of SCBWI and you HAVE NEVER BEEN a registered member of the Blueboard you MUST NOT REGISTER for the new message board. Your registration will be automatically deleted and will NOT go through!
- Just go to SCBWI's website and login as usual.
- Click on the Resource Library>SCBWI's Blueboard link.
- Then: Click Here for SCBWI's Blueboard.
- You will immediately be registered on the message board. Your email and password will be the same as they are to login to SCBWI's site.
- You should be able to see many SCBWI Only boards, as well as the complete registered members areas of the Blueboard.
- NOTE: If you see no green stars and/or just ONE "SCBWI Only" board, then you need assistance from SCBWI or one of the Administrators of the Blueboard.
- Ask for help on the board.
3) If you are a current member of SCBWI and HAVE BEEN or CURRENTLY ARE a registered member of the Blueboard, it is IMPERATIVE that your SCBWI email, logon name and password are exactly the same as your Blueboard email, login and password. If they are not, you will either experience difficulty in logging onto the Blueboard or you will find yourself with a different Blueboard profile when you get onto the board. You may also discover that you can only see ONE of the SCBWI Only boards, instead of all of them. All of these difficulties should disappear as soon as you have changed your profiles in SCBWI and/or the Blueboard so they match.
Once you have your profiles identical in both places, follow the bold instructions above for logging onto SCBWI's site and then the Blueboard.
4) If you are a registered member of the Blueboard and you have never been a member of SCBWI, you should be able to log onto the board as usual. All of your previous boards should be available to you. The main differences are:
- The board is now located on SCBWI's website, and you will notice their header above the board.
- You will not be able to see the newly added SCBWI Only boards.
Be sure to bookmark the Blueboard's new location so you won't have to wait for the "forwarding order" to take you to it from Verla Kay's website.
5) If you have never been a member of the Blueboard, (or if you are an expired member) AND you have never been a member of SCBWI, Just register for the message board by filling out an application for the Blueboard. Please note that it could take up a week for your application to be approved. You can speed things up if you put URL's and on-line links into your application that will let the Administrators know you are a legitimate person with an honest reason to want to be a part of this writing and illustrating for children community.