The main reasons people are not approved for this message board are because the applicants are either known spammers or they are apparently people who only want to get onto the board to promote themselves or their books. This board is a community for sharing writing and illustrating ideas, techniques and information, not an advertising/promoting venue. Only established board members who have contributed substantially to the message board community are allowed to promote their books or services on this board.
People are not to register for anyone but themselves.
Please do not register for a second account if you are already a member. This is to prevent trolling and other internet misbehavior, which is against the spirit of community on these Boards. Keep in mind that the Admins can see identities, and double registrations will be found and deleted without further notice.
If you are not already a member of this message board and would like to join it so you can access more of the wonderful boards available to its members, here are the instructions.
Click on the Register button and fill out your profile with the requested information. Be sure to include the following:
1) Your year of birth. You must be at least 18 years of age to join this board. Due to legal reasons, age limit is strictly enforced, and yes, we will check. If underage, instant deletion & ban will ensue.
2) List your website or another on-line source where the Administrators of this message board can find out more about you and what kind of person you are.
This information is necessary to weed out spammers. If you don't have a website, your on-line source can be a blog, another message board where you regularly post, a FaceBook, Twitter, or LiveJournal account or any place on the web where the Administrators can go to verify that you are a legitimate person who is interested in children's literature.
3) Tell us a little about yourself -- are you a writer, illustrator, editor or agent? Do you have a passion for children's literature? Why would you be a good addition to this message board's family? (And this message board IS a family. It's filled with people who all love children's literature.)
4) List the user name you want in your account, the password and email you want to use on this board.
NOTE: Anyone not
giving all of the above 4 categories of information in their registration request may have their registration request deleted without notice.
5) Click the YES box IF you are a current member of SCBWI (the Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators).
There are only a few Administrators for this board and it takes a lot of time to Google and research each person who wishes to join the board. Giving the information requested above in your registration request email will expedite the activation process substantially.
Be sure to add us to your approved list if you email us requesting to be registered. If we are blocked from your email account, you may never receive the info you need to sign onto the board.
Once you have been approved, you will receive an acceptance email from this message board. You may need to activate your account. Be sure to check your spam filter folder if you don't see your activation email!
Once you have been accepted AND HAVE ACTIVATED YOUR ACCOUNT IF REQUESTED you may then log onto the board and begin posting. NOTE: You must log in at least once in every 90 days to stay a member of this board
. Regular elimination of inactive members takes place every few months and logging in at least once every 90 days (even if you don't post anything) will keep you active and your membership account will not be deleted.
NOTE: This FAQ section of the board is locked, so you can't post messages here. If you have been waiting over two weeks and have not received your approval letter then you can email an administrator at email@example.com. Please provide the email addy you used for registration and your user name. An administrator will help you as soon as possible.